Sunday, July 8, 2012

July Camping

My Brother Cody got my Great Grandparents 1978 Road Ranger Camper and offered it to us because he hardly used it so of course we totally wanted it. I am not much of a camper but Ty loves it and I think after our first camping trip I can get used to it. We named her Skeeter!

The Color is My favorite Part! jk It needs new curtains
She is a keeper



So the Camper is defiantly a fixer-upper. The water doesn't work or the AC. Something is wrong with it when we hook up the battery but The Fridge works wonderful and its a pretty comfortable bed. Its Pretty easy camping in it.
So on July 2,3& 4th  we went camping in North Canyon near Montpelier with Ty's Sister Amber and her family. Our camping spot was near a creek, the kids loved playing it so the Adults tried to play in it but the water was so cold I couldn't even stand in it for 1 min. We went on a hiking adventure and saw a woodpecker bird. We went on a picnic for lunch one day and as soon as the sun fell we were all around a camp fire roasting smores and making fun memories. We ate yummy dutch oven food. Ty's favorite part of camping is cooking in his dutch oven. We had the best rhubarb cobbler I think that is going to be my tradition while camping because it was so yummy.
I just have to say its nice to get away from our crazy lives and get out of range of cell phones to make memories of the simple things. I may have been dirty and sweating and smell but I had fun
Thanks Wayne and Amber for coming camping with us. 
Our set up

Fun the the Water

Kylee and Bryson

Colby and Aubree
Ty Braving the Water in His Rubber Boots

Aubree and I stayed on the Rock

Wayne & Ty Shooting nothing.

Wayne Helping the boys Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment